Monday, February 25, 2013

Baked Mozzarella

Ok so I LOVE Mozzarella Sticks! lol  

Do I need fried mozzarella sticks? Nope! :)

SO...Tonight I made baked mozzarella sticks. I have heard of these but have never thought that they would be good at all. The best part of the cheese stick is the FRIED outside right?!

Well let me tell ya, these were actually pretty good. Not the same, but very close, and definetly healthier than the alternative.

Here is what I used:  String cheese, milk, bread crumbs, and italian seasoning.  (I wanted to use italian bread crumbs but all I had was original so I just seasoned them. )

The first thing I did was place the string cheese in a bowl of milk
Next, I put them in a Gallon Ziplock bag with the breadcrumbs and seasoning.
I did not measure this, but I used close to 1/2 cup of the
 breadcrumbs and 1tbs italian seasoning.
Now shake!
This did not coat very well so I repeated the steps and dipped them
back into the milk and then back into the breadcrumbs.
Perfect!
 
I put these in the oven at 375 for 10 mins and turned at 5 mins.
I pulled these out when the breadcrumbs were toasted
Now the final step was my favorite!!
Yum!
 
 
Thank you for taking the time to read this simple yet great alternative to fried mozzarella sticks!
Feel free to share!
-Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment