Thursday, February 21, 2013

DIY Banner

Hi! Hope you are having a great day! It has gone from very cold, thunderstorm, warm, and back to cold all in one day here. Gotta love this Texas weather!

So this weekend my family will be celebrating my grandparents 60 wedding anniversary. I helping with this party and made a banner tonight that I wanted to share. These are super easy and look great! I love making these. The last one I made was for a wedding shower and I was asked by several how I made it. Now everything I make is done a little different, on this one tonight I made pendants.

So the theme for the 60 wedding anniversary is Diamonds! So I had to use something with sparkle. I also had to match the colors of the other decor already purchased. I simply took a napkin that was already purchased and took it to the store with me to match the right colors.

First thing I did for this one was make sure that I had enough paper for the pendents. I used one 12X12 piece of paper per pendent. This can get pricy so watch for sales on scrapbook paper. I bought a pack that was a cream color that had 10 different patterns. I drew my pendants free hand and cut them all by hand. You may choose to measure and use a paper cutter, I did not.


Next, I used a stencil to trace the letters onto a different color paper.
These letters are 4in. so I could trace out four letters per 12X12 sheet. 
 
Next thing I did was attach the letters to the pendents, I used hot glue.
Oh and we cant forget about the sparkle!
So here is what I had once I attached the letters and the "diamonds"
Now I am going to use ribbon and tulle to hang these.
The ribbon I chose had a pattern on it which made it very easy to line up but left me short by one pendent! Yes I will now go to the store to buy an entire new spool for one pendent! lol 
I cut the ribbon in sections of 4 patterns, if that makes sence.
I then folded the ribbon in half to attach to the back of the pendent.
 Again, I used hot glue.
 
 
SO here is what I had when I finished attaching the ribbon:
Yes that is the "A" out to the side Ribbon-less! lol 
 
Now when I hang these at the party I will run tulle through the ribbon. I do not have a picture of that here because the tulle I chose has glitter in it and I did not want it all over my house :) 
 
I will post a picture of the banner on here once I have it hanging so that you can see how it looks on the wall.
 
 
Thank you for reading this post. Please feel free to share it by posting my link.
 
-Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment